Friday, January 9, 2009

Fun in Reno...





So we finally got to take a little trip together. And thanks to our family, we got to enjoy a trip "ALONE." Nick stayed at home and split time between my parents and Dori. Todd and I had a little rough flying (all flying is rough as far as I'm concerned, since I hate it), but we arrived safely in Reno on Thursday January 8th. We stayed with Todd's friend (who was the best man in our wedding) Eric Reid, and his wife Iraida.
We set out the next morning, and oh the drive was so beautiful. Our first stop on the way to Tahoe, was to stop and get some ski equipment. After that, just a short drive to Heavenly....the ski resort. It is just as the name implies....You would not believe the view from the top. Todd had a tough time skiing, but was giving it his all. Next time, we are convinced he will be good to go. Eric and I went all the way to the top, and had a great time skiing the tougher runs (Eric and I have both skied before and Todd never has!) What a wonderful day, but man were we worn out when it was all said and done. Todd agreed to go again in the future, and I have no doubt, that soon he will be skiing along side me!

2 comments:

Stephanie, Jason, Brady and Blake said...

Fun fun fun. I can't wait until we take a vacation. Soon enough and somewhere warm.

Jen said...

I am so proud of Todd for trying! I have never snow skied either - I hope I have the opportunity to try before I am too old to ski!