Monday, December 22, 2008

Santa...not so much...

So, we made our annual trip to the mall yesterday to visit Santa. I have been doing this with my nephew and niece since they were born, so they met us there. Curt, Valerie and Dori joined Todd and I and the 3 kids. I kind of worried that Nick wouldn't like Santa. He can be kind of skittish when it comes to new people. But, I thought that if I had Colton hold him, he would be okay. So, we had to wait in line, probably about 40 minutes or so, but Nick did really good (it helps when the kids are there to entertain him - he also enjoyed riding the carousel!) He even sat on the floor and watched the other kids sit on Santa's lap. We are doing good - this will be fine, I thought.

Well, when it was our turn, Colton was holding him and as they walked up, they got about 2 feet from Santa, and that was all it took. Tears and sobbing and clinging and trying to get away! So, snap snap, the pics are done...and here they are....Oh well, maybe next year!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Is it evil of me to think Nick is cute when he has a red face and is crying? I think those pictures are adorable!

Also, your niece has GORGEOUS hair. I'd give my right arm to have it myself!!

Blessed by 2 said...

No, it's not evil of you! Man was he upset too...carrying on for quite some time after he got AWAY!! Too funny!