Monday, December 8, 2008

Which one is the Angel????












Since 1993, I have bought an "annual" ornament. Usually something of character to summarize the year we just finished. I have so many "annual" ornaments now, that I have a whole tree dedicated to them! This year, our ornament is a bigger bear, reading "The Night Before Christmas" to a little bear. We chose this one because Nick just loves to read. We read about 3-4 times a day. Sometimes he just picks up books and carries them around. It is amazing to me, and I hope he continues his love for books. I have included a picture of this same time last year (admiring our Winnie The Pooh ornament).












Another Christmas tradition is one that has been going on I think since I was in college, maybe longer than that...I have someone take a picture of me putting the angel on the tree...and the caption is, "Which one is the Angel?" I don't know how this tradition started, but I giggle every time I think about it. We finally finished putting up our 3 trees (don't ask me why...I just love Christmas, okay?) And I get to the put the Angel on the tree. Now I don't know how old this angel is...but let's just say, older than me. My Mom wanted to ditch her, saying, "she's ugly." But to me, this Angel has "character." I can almost guarantee that no one in this city has one like her. She has a toole white dress, and red hair. Just amazing. Anyhow...this year I have a "lil' helper."






I'll let you decide...WHICH ONE IS THE ANGEL????

2 comments:

Jen said...

I don't know about anyone else, but I see THREE angels! :)

(And the pictures comparing last year and this year with you and Nick made me sad... kids grow up so fast.)

Beautiful tree, beautiful mom and baby!

Stephanie, Jason, Brady and Blake said...

LOVE those pictures. It's amazing how fast those babies grow up. You look so skinny in this years picture. Better stop loseing weight b/c I don't want to have to work any harder. haha.